AJWorld.net has been my personal site since 1998. In that time, I've used it for many things, ranging from simple file hosting to site content. (Well duh.) At some point, I made a proper website out of the thing.
I'll admit, some of the sections may not have straightforward names. Here's an explanation of what each part of the site is for.
- Home/News — The main page, where all the updates live.
- freemco — freemco is my game development company.
- Writings — This section hosts any writings of mine.
- SSC — SSC is short for the spinal shark collective, a development team composed of myself and some of my friends. It currently plays host to a number of StepMania themes.
- Neo-Geo Development — A recent (2014) undertaking; I thought it would be neat to program the Neo-Geo. Eventually I'll write a guide so that others can learn how to do it too (without resorting to using C).
- PC Engine/TG16 Development — Like the Neo-Geo section, but for PCE/TG16.
- Super Dodge Ball — This section of the site is dedicated to my quest of reverse engineering the NES/Famicom version of Super Dodge Ball.
- Virtual Pro Wrestling — This section of the site is dedicated to my research (as well as that of others) into reverse engineering AKI Corporation's Virtual Pro-Wrestling series.
You can call me AJ, or you can call me freem. You might see me as "AJ 187" (and various mutilations of it) on various places because I'm not going to be able to fully escape my childhood and teenage years. :p My main interests are computers, music, video games, programming, pixel art, and other such junk.
Things I've Worked On
- StepMania — An open-source rhythm game simulator/engine. I have spent a lot of time with StepMania in terms of theming and development (and at one time, I was the lead developer, back when the project was in the "sm-ssc" stage.)
- Mungyodance 1-3 — A dance game series with many songs. I handled the programming portions on all three games.
- Exergame Station — An exergame with a custom punching/kickboxing bag controller that can withstand extreme punishment. I am handling the programming portion of the "My Hit List" product. (YouTube video)
- Family Picross — A game for the NES/Famicom by freemco.