This page is still very much a work in progress; I update it every now and then
when I'm not focusing on programming. ;)
Last Updated 2017/04/17:
It's been a long time... No, I didn't disappear. I've had my hands full with other things.
- I missed another demo from blastar
posted around Christmas time. Sadly, the MVS version only has a NeoSD archive available,
and the NeoSD tools are not available to anyone who did not purchase a cart.
- blastar also released a few updates to the NGFX ColorFade-Calculator, including
a release a few days ago
- vasm and vlink were updated in February 2017; Windows builds are now available.
That's it for now... A certain demo that appeared at a certain demoparty has me
wanting to violently switch directions after the announcement of a certain videogame
forced me into another direction entirely (hence the absence).
Stuff I wrote, or had a hand in developing. You should also check out the
general utilities page for more tools.
vasm is a portable and retargetable assembler. Ideally, you should
compile it yourself,
but I recognize that's not always possible for everyone. v1.7h is the current "release"
version as of 2017/02/06.
Older Versions/68000 with Motorola Syntax
Older Versions/Z80 with oldstyle Syntax
vlink is a portable linker.
Much like vasm, you are expected to compile the binaries yourself... v0.15d is the
current release version as of 2017/02/06.
byteswap (Hans Vahlenkamp)
Before I ported ROMWak, I searched the Internet for some open source tools,
including a byte swapping utility. I found one that fit the bill and am
providing it here, just in case.
No promises on release dates for any of these.
- Neo-Geo CD System Utility
- Anyone who knows how the Neo-Geo CDZ BIOS/system ROM actually goes about
booting a game should contact me so I can throw a bunch of questions at you.
- freem's Palette Tester — Example Neo-Geo assembly program that allows experimenting with the palette. Mostly done; need to work out a few kinks.
- Some sort of guide to programming the Neo-Geo, a la the "Nerdy Nights" tutorials for NES. Will likely involve using the freemlib. Very rough WIP, out of date!
- Various other utilities (both my own and other people's).
- More examples for the freemlib.
- Actual games (this will take a while).
This page by AJ/freem, 2014-2017.
"NEOGEO" is a registered trademark of SNK Playmore Corp. All other company and
product names used are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The contents of this page are not authorized or licensed by SNK Playmore.